Buyers and Sellers
As a company, one of our goals is to make sure our clients are educated throughout the home buying and selling process.
One of the best ways to ensure an easy, stress-free home purchase or sale is to know the right course of action, as well as what to look out for during each step of the process. This allows you to create effective strategies and smart decisions that can lead you towards success.
We know that buying or selling a home can sometimes be a stressful experience, especially for first timers. Below are several handy tips we’ve compiled which can hopefully help you towards your goals.
• Before you even start your search for a new home, always take a look at the big picture. What are your long-term goals, and how will your purchase affect these? Let your long-term goals guide you with your purchase, so you’ll know what to do whenever you encounter a major decision.
• When searching for homes, many buyers often get overwhelmed by the amount of choices. It’s helpful to have a clear idea of what you’re after. Create a list of must-have features, nearby amenities, and other requirements, and refer to this list to help narrow down your choices.
• If you’re searching for a retirement or active adult community, it’s essential to identify the community’s proximity to medical care facilities. Are there any hospitals located nearby? Does the community have in-house health services and professionals?
• Take the time to think whenever faced with a major decision. Buying a property can be a lengthy process, so a single misstep can lead to major consequences down the line. Consult your agent, and take a look at all available options before you make a decision.
• Giving your home the right price is very important. Work with your agent to identify an ideal price point for your home. You may also go for a few budget-friendly home improvements that can help raise your home’s value.
• Imagine yourself as the buyer. What will it take to convince you to buy this home? Go through every room, and see what needs to be repaired, improved, or disposed of. Most buyers search for a home that’s move-in ready – turning your home into one is a huge step towards a potential sale.
• A home with lots of curb appeal attracts many potential buyers. Many homebuyers decide whether or not they like a home in the first few minutes. An impressive-looking exterior sets the stage, creating more interest for a potential buyer.
• Remember to consider each offer carefully, and take your time when reviewing them. Work with your agent in order to get the best possible deal, and be ready to go through a lot of back-and-forth negotiations. It helps to have plenty of patience during this stage of the process.
• Once you’ve accepted an offer, thoroughly review the contract and see to it that both you and the buyer are satisfied with it. During the final stages of the sale, expect to go through more paperwork, and wait for the buyer to settle all the required transaction costs.